Swords and Wizardry campaign looking for players

Hi Michael, we will be starting around 7:30 this evening rather than 7. Sorry for the late notice. However, I will still be free and at the shop before 7 if you are still planning on arriving around 6:40. I have a table in the event center of the store

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Great! We'll see you there - I'll be the lanky, balding guy with a beard. Just a heads up that Valhalla's charges a fee to use their tables, it is $5 a person but I can cover you if necessary.

Pete

cool, I can be there at 6:40 if everyone is available.

Hi Michael,

We generally meet up every other Thursday at about 7 p.m., and in fact, tomorrow September 19 is our day to meet. I haven't finalized availability from the other two players, but if they are able to game tomorrow, you are most welcome to join us.

Currently we're running Swords and Wizardry Complete, which is an 0e clone - I wrote about it a bit in the initial post if you would like more description. The rulebook is also a free download at the frog god games website. The party currently has two players - with a third that just recently had to drop out - each running two characters in the level 2 to 3 range. I'm an easy-going DM and tend to be fairly lax with rulings. The current game is set to go to about level 10 or so and it's a strange mix of traditional D&D tropes/critters, with independently produced materials to keep things a little on the weird side. If you are interested in checking it out, that's great! I'm happy to meet a bit before 7 (our usual starting time) and help with character generation or discuss anything. I can provide character sheets and minis are not necessary.

Hi,

I'm new in town and looking for a group. I haven't played an RPG in about 15 years so I might be a little rusty, but I am looking to get back into it. Please let me know if you are still looking for players. My scheduled is very open.

Michael

Greetings! Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. If you would like to join us, we're currently meeting this Thursday around 7 p.m. at Valhalla's Gate. Our system is Swords and Wizardry - a clone of super early Dungeons and Dragons, and the rules are slightly modernized and cleaned up. The rulebook is available for free online (froggodgames.com/frogs/product/swords-wi...y-complete-rulebook/). We are a small group, with 2 players currently, each running 2 characters. If you would like to meet prior to Thursday and discuss character creation, setting, etc., I'm happy to do so, and can meet you after 5 most days except Tuesday. If you think you might like to join Thursday, let me know and I'll be sure to have some extra character sheets on hand.

Peter