Honestly, we are taking things one day at a time. We miss the buzz of people shopping in the store and playing in the Event Center and we miss seeing and talking with everyone. However, as we have a high regard for the safety of everyone who passes through our door -- staff and customers alike -- Valhalla’s Gate Games will continue to follow guidelines from the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), and the Missouri & Boone County Departments of Health. We will proceed with the same strong focus on cleanliness and awareness of COVID-19 issues that we have been operating under since mid-March. As the guidance from experts changes, we will adapt our operations accordingly. Our current preventative measures to protect staff and customers, especially those who are in COVID-19 high risk groups, include the following:
All in-store play and events are suspended until further notice
To keep our family, our staff, and the communities we play in safe, the Event Center and all of our game tables will remain closed for the foreseeable future. One of the pillars for reopening gathering spaces is increased testing, increased and better contact tracing, and more successful isolating of people potentially exposed to the virus. We will reschedule in-store gaming once we can do so safely, confident that the threat has passed.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
At the Gate, we are doing a lot of extra cleaning throughout the day. We are wiping down counters and tables more frequently. We are cleaning contact surfaces like door handles, credit card machines, and the telephone with CDC-approved disinfectants. Staff might wear gloves to protect themselves. We are using hand sanitizer between every interaction. We wipe off every game with a disinfectant wipe before we place it in the bag for delivery or curbside pickup.
Rearranging shelves and product
During the past month, we have begun rearranging our shelves to increase the space between our fixtures and to have more of our product face out. This will help reduce the handling of items and make it easier for staff to clean. It will also make it easier to keep the six feet of social distance required once we open for in-store shopping again.
How you can help once the store fully reopens
Valhalla’s Gate Games is going to need help from our customers in order to keep the store clean and safe.
- For a while, customers will be not be allowed to bring food or drinks into the store and we will not be selling sodas or candy.
- We will be requiring that staff and customers wear a mask while in the store.
- We will probably be limiting the number of customers in the store for some time. We are considering some sort of appointment model.
- A hand sanitizer station will be installed at the entrance to Valhalla’s Gate. Customers are asked to use it when entering the store to help limit outside germs being brought inside. You are welcome to use it when you leave.
- If you use the restroom, please wash your hands for 20 seconds. Seriously, just wash your hands.
- We ask that you do not let children pick up and hold items that you do not intend to purchase. This is especially true of the plushies and the loose dice. Both are time consuming to disinfect and we would like to keep them as clean and fresh as possible for someone who wants to buy them.
- We will ask that customers keep at least six feet of social distance between themselves and other customers and the staff.
- Please understand that if staff ask you to do something that it is with everyone’s well being in mind.
If you are sick or have been significantly exposed to someone who is ill, please stay home
If you are sick, have a cough, a fever, or any symptoms of the flu or Covid-19, please stay home. Do not come to the store. If staff observe any symptoms, we might ask you to leave. We want everyone to be able to enjoy the store and we can only do that by reducing exposures so everyone stays healthy. If you are sick but need a game to stay entertained, you can still order home delivery.
Buy some games!
It is a fact that playing games can reduce stress, improve mental health, and build strong relationships besides just being fun. Whenever possible please consider buying locally. Your purchases from our store are critical to helping Valhalla’s Gate Games survive. We are doing everything in our power to provide quality games to support our community. Valhalla’s Gate will continue providing home delivery several days a week. Beginning, April 28, we are also offering curbside pickup. Want to order from Valhalla's Gate during the Covid-19 pandemic? Here's how you do it.
- Figure out what you want to order. You can use the product catalog on our website to browse what we have.
- If you need suggestions, you can FB message us or use the ordering form to ask for recommendations.
- Use the order form on our website to place your order.
- We will email you an invoice. You will be charged for the products you ordered, sales tax, and a delivery fee if you choose to have your items delivered to your home. There is no delivery fee for curbside pickup.
- Pay the invoice.
- Once we receive notice the invoice has been paid, we will prep your order for delivery or curbside pickup depending on which option you chose.
- We currrently deliver Monday, Wednesday, and Friday between 1 and 6 pm. It depends on the availability of a driver.
- As of early May, we are open for curbside pickup and phone orders Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from noon to 4 pm and on Saturday from 11 am to 4 pm. These hours are likely to change over time so you can always check our "store hours" on the website to see our most up-to-date hours of operation.
We appreciate ALL of your support. We are thankful that so many of you are shopping local and helping Columbia businesses. We are all in this together and together we will make it through to the other side. We hope all of you and yours stay safe and stay healthy. Don’t forget to wash your hands.