Valhalla's Gate Games
"Great Games for Everyone"
News and Updates
This question is directed to our Magic players. We need to schedule our Aether Revolt prerelease that was postponed because of weather. We have three choices for Friday, January 20. Which time do you like better? 1) 6:00 pm - in place of our regular FNM 2) Midnight - as originally planned 3) 10:00 pm - after FNM, but not as late
Star Wars Destiny is back in stock.
One of our players needs help to get his fur friend's sight back. So we are asking our gaming family to consider helping his family. Thanks.
Looks like the second ice storm went south and missed us. The plan for today is to be open and hold events per the schedule. That means another Aether Revolt sealed prerelease and a 2HG prerelease.
We will be holding our 6 pm Aether Revolt prerelease. Registration begins at 5:15 pm. Tourney begins at 6 pm. We will be running three rounds. The store will be closing as soon as the tourney is finished because of possible incoming icy weather.
Currently we are assembling our crew to open the store at 11 am. The plan is to have the noon prerelease fire as scheduled. Our Kings of War event should be good to go too. We will evaluate our evening events as the day goes along and radar is updated.
As the Gate was empty of customers, we are sending our staff home at 10:15 pm. Be safe everyone. Let's hope the rest of the storm skips us. We will keep you updated about our hours and events tomorrow.
The radar shows stuff coming out of Wichita. There is a high chance it will go right over Columbia at 11 pm, 1 am, and then again at 4 am. We would rather error on the side of caution. We want our staff and customers to be safe. With regret, we are canceling our midnight Aether Revolt pre-release for tonight. (We will try again on Friday, Jan 20). We will also be closing at 11 pm tonight. Cross your fingers for tomorrow's events.
We have checked the radar and it looks clear until 9 pm. We will be open for FNM and other events tonight. We will evaluate about our midnight prerelease around 7 pm.
We are still here at the Gate. Seems like most of the storm went south of us. Radar doesn't show anything until 4:30 pm so we will be here at least until then. We are still waiting to see what might be happening later tonight before we decide about our midnight prerelease.